May 9, 2004
Nurse (Nicola Lipman)
Orderly (Ian Tench)
Laid up with a bad tooth, Bubbles tries to get help with Julian, Ricky and his old friend Conky.
Plot Synopsis Edit
Act One Edit
Bubbles apologizes and Julian puts a rag on Ricky's broken nose. Jim Lahey and Randy hold a bake sale in the park as their first duties as reinstated supervisors, but some of the patrons steal the baked goods and wreck the stall.
Julian inspects Bubbles' tooth and determines it's infected. Bubbles refuses to go to the hospital because he is terrified to go without Conky. We find out Conky is a ventriloquist dummy he had when he was a child, but he grew so attached to it that it took over his personality and Julian and Ricky had to take it away from him.
Lahey confronts Bubbles about his cats who are disrupting life in the park. Julian takes Bubbles into the shitmobile and Ricky gets a model truck stuck to his hand with modeling glue.
Convinced Bubbles will not go to the hospital without Conky's support, they all drive to the nearby swamp to locate his hiding place. Ricky discovers the rag he has been holding against his nose is also stuck there with glue. Julian tells Bubbles to wait by the car while Julian and Ricky search the area. Ricky finds Conky in a mud puddle and extracts him. They give Conky to Bubbles who is overjoyed. The first thing Conky does is start messing with Ricky, as was his previous habit. Conky eventually says it's safe for Bubbles to go to the hospital.
Act Two Edit
Lahey restocks the bake sale, but discovers that some of the items have been eaten by the cats, and he vows to do something about it. At the hospital, they try to get Bubbles seen at emergency, but Ricky becomes rude to the desk nurse and causes a scene with Conky and they all get thrown out of the building.
Outside, Julian hatches another plan and Ricky starts to hallucinate from the rag's glue fumes. Lahey and Randy detain Cory and Trevor for stealing cookies from the bake sale, but tell them they will be let off if they agree to round up Bubbles' cats. Lahey plans to use the bake sale proceeds to deal with the cat problem.
The boys drive to Sam Losco's new vet clinic and demand he provide emergency care to Bubbles and Ricky. They leave Bubbles in the car while they scope out the building, but Conky spies Lahey's car in the driveway and wonders why he is at the vet. Conky suggests Bubbles check it out. Inside, he sees Jim with all of his cats, and assumes he's planning to have them put to sleep. Bubbles violently assaults Lahey and Randy. Ricky and Julian see this and intervene. Sam shoots at Bubbles with a tranquilizer gun and hits Lahey and Randy instead, who then pass out. Ricky holds Sam at gunpoint and demands he help them with their medical needs putting a halt to the altercation.
Act Three Edit
Sam refuses to help Ricky since he could lose his license (again), and fears the police may show up because of the gunshots. Ricky promises to get him out of trouble with the cops and then fires at imaginary squirrels. Sam promises to help if they will just stop shooting their guns. Conky taunts Ricky by calling him 'Reveen' and Ricky threatens to shoot him. Julian talks Ricky down because he will only be shooting Bubbles' hand. Then Conky calls Julian 'Patrick Swayze' and Julian shoots Conky in the face.
Officer George Green and a barrage of cops arrive outside and Ricky hatches a quick plan. They pour booze and animal urine on Lahey and Randy's unconscious bodies and let George in. Ricky blames the whole thing on the two of them, citing drunkenness, and Sam corroborates their story. They cops remove them both, and Sam works on Ricky and Bubbles' problems.
Back at the park, Sarah and Lucy tell Bubbles that Lahey was only planning to have his cats fixed, not killed, but it's too late because they have already been taken to the drunk tank. The boys put Conky back in the swamp.
- Strangely enough, Conky is credited as himself in the guest star list.
- This is of course, the first episode with Conky, he will later appear in multiple episodes of Season 7.
- Conky is portrayed as a separate entity, rather then a puppet controlled by Bubbles, as seen when Ricky argues and threatens him. Even Randy spoke to Conky as if he were real. The only person that doesn't buy into this is Julian, who constantly tells Bubbles to "stop with the Conky stuff" It should be noted, however, that it's Julian who finally reaches his limit and 'kills' Conky.
- This episode also indicates that Bubbles uses Conky to say things he normally wouldn't say, using Conky as a defense mechanism and an excuse.
- Conky also bears an interesting resemblance to Bubbles, sporting a similar hair style and glasses, and the shirt under his brown sweater is the same style and pattern that Bubbles wears throughout the episode.
- Trevor is having trouble with frisky cats while rounding them up for Lahey, foreshadowing events in "If You Love Something, Set It Free".
- Trevor can be seen continuing to eat the cookie Lahey and Randy accuses him of stealing while he's pinned against the car.
- This episode reveals that Ricky was not collecting lot fees from the park residents, which explains both why they were much happier and why Sunnyvale was in so much debt that Barb lost her house to the bank.
"We're probably gonna go to jail for this shit, so thanks a lot. But before we do, you're gonna give us a hand, au gratin." (he meant 'gratis')
Lahey's Misquotes Edit
To Bubbles: "Your status here in Sunnyvale is tenable to say the least." (Tenable means 'able to be maintained or defended against attack or objection'. He either meant to say untenable which means 'Not able to be maintained or defended against attack or objection' or tentative, which means 'unsure; uncertain; not definite or positive.' .
Jim attributes former U.S. President John F. Kennedy's inaugural quote, "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country", to J. Edgar Hoover. He also incorrectly states that Hoover was a former U.N. President. Hoover was in fact co-founder and director of the FBI from 1935 until 1972. Additionally, the United Nations does not have a president but a secretary general.
Lahey's Shit Talk Edit
Lahey calls Bubbles' cats 'shit-rats' and Corey and Trevor 'shit-monkeys'.
Bubbles Word Edit
Referencing Ricky: Dope Man! Able to smoke a pound in a bound!
|Previous Episode:||Next Episode:|
|"The Green Bastard"||"If You Love Something, Set It Free"|